What's It All About

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Celebrate Life Midway Reminder for Quirky Crafts Challenge

It's not too late to enter your project at  Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog. I'm here with my midway project as a gentle reminder that the theme is "Celebrate" where you need to have the word "Celebrate" somewhere on you card or project. 

With this all being said, I can't wait to show you my DT project with this cute little bear cross-stitching. Ok, those who know me really well, know that I want to break out in song with Kool and the Gang but first let me share with you my card!!! 

For my project, I chose to use Digi Blessings at Stitchy Bear Sewing Mends the Soul. With my love of the "needle-arts" this became the purrfect image for me to use for my card.


RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • card measures 5.5 x 7 inches with Recollections card stock and scraps for background 
  • white scraps added as a border using Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch
  • image was colored using Copic R20, Prisma Colored Pencils, Whispers Markers,  and gel pen accents 
  • ribbon is from my stash which was wrapped around the background and then tied into a bow
  • word "Celebrate" was faux stitched on the little sampler the bear is doing
  • sentiment, "Happy Birthday! Congratulations on being born" had been from Create with TLC chalked around the edges 
  • "Made for You" silver heart charm is from Miriam's Crafting Supplies
  • heart buttons on the side are from my stash of buttons
  • Queen & Co. pearls were used for the pin heads
  • cupcake paper with EK cupcake border punch was used on the inside of my card with of course Stickles accents
  • sentiment, "If you lick the FROSTING off a cupcake, it becomes a MUFFIN And muffins are healthy! Celebrate today with a cupcake!" had been from Create with TLC was chalked around the edges, Stickle dots in the corners and mounted on a dark pink

I thank you for stopping by and visiting today. Don't forget to visit and enter your project at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog I can't wait to see your creations!

. . . and you just knew that I had to post this - ready, set, sing and follow the bouncing cupcakes:

I appreciate and love reading your comments - is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions, you can contact me at hercraftiness@gmail.com.


Much love, hugs, and friendship

16 comments:

  1. Loving all the pink! So cute inside and out. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pink card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good Luck and Welcome again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your cutey bear in all of the pink! so much fun!

    thank you so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and pretty. Love the edge of the card with the ribbon, lacy border and charm. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!
    Many thanks for joining in our 'FUN' Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card ,love the card edge and cute image
    Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck
    Tracey X

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet card Lynne

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sweet card, lovely image and I love the scalloped edge/charm/ribbon combo. Thank you for joining in the fun with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Sweet.....

    Thank you for taking part in ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Hugs, Bianca Dt-Member.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cupcake sentiment and all the pink!!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
    Susan
    DT for Crafting from the Heart!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Lynne! Thank you joining us over at Incy Wincy - Colette DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your project.
    Hugs, MaryAnn Fellow DT for 2CC
    http://paperdreamz007.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, Best wishes, Anne (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cute image,gorgeous bow and all the pink-Thank you for joining us at Where the Heart is
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautyful card.Thank you so much for sharing our great work with us at Scrapbookstampsociety challanges this week and hope to se you tomorrow again in our next challenge// DT Zora

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a very pretty card Lynne. I didn't see any bouncing cup cakes on Kool and the gang though!
    We got the year off to a great start with your help!
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness